Sunday, March 17, 2013

Break My Heart

We all know kids say the funniest things sometimes. There are times when they say things that are so sweet and of course they can say heart breaking things. Tonight Squeaker just about put me into tears.

Squeaker Likes Hot Wings
On a normal day Squeaker has to have two breathing treatment sessions, two doses of antibiotic, two Advil doses, and one dose of an appetite enhancer. Well as she has been sick lately there has been more. All this week Albuterol was every 4 hours so that's 4-6 treatment sessions a day. Advil ever sick hours, once a day steroid, her antibiotic, and appetite enhancer. Yeah it's a lot for anyone.

As the week has gone on Squeaker has been more and more reluctant to have her meds. Not that I can blamer her. Then you mix that with a very off day today, it was rough. After a bath and some dinner it was time for evening meds. I measured out everything and went to grab Squeaker.

I kneeled down next to Squeaker and she saw what I had. In a very sad upset voice "Why have too?" My heart just sank but I knew I had to say something. I quietly responded "To keep you healthy and not hurt." This was not comforting to my poor toddler, she wiggled and squirmed trying to do anything she could to avoid the syringe. Finally I caught her head at just the right angle and Squeaker stopped moving long enough to take her medicine. By this time though she had big tears in her eyes and it was all I could do to not cry too. Once I was finished Squeaker said something the sounded a lot like "No more."

My poor little girl. I know she needs these medicines and I hate to think what state Squeaker would be in without them. But she doesn't get that, all she knows is that her mommy who she trusts completely wants to give her this insanely yucky stuff. And it's not just one but tonight it was four......

Just breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment