Thursday, September 4, 2014


Alright here is the catch up. July was a fun even though Squeaker's breathing was anything but normal. We had lots of snoring, wheezing, and coughing. Squeaker spent the entire month on an extended course of steroids and anti-biotics. Some days were still pretty rough.

July 5th-- I took Squeaker to Home Depot for her usual Kids Class. Of course it was a lot of fun but it was also special. This one marked #12 in a row. That's right I managed to get Squeaker to an entire year of Home Depot's Kids Classes. Not only has it been great for Squeaker but I'm pretty proud I managed to never forget and keep going.

July 7th-- Our new diaper bag came in. It has Muppets on it, and Squeaker just loves it. Even though the bag is as big as she is, she still insists on carrying it around most of the time. I'm glad is has perfect size pockets to carry her epi pen.  It just happened to be a day we went black light mini golfing too. Another thing Squeaker just loves to do. I wish there was a more fans in that particular place but it works out okay.

July 16th and 17th-- Trey is finally feeling better at this point. For the two weeks before Trey had another round with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). So yup he had on going vertigo and nausea. It was rough for all but we made it work. Squeaker and I did out first Jamberry Pedi and Maicures. If you haven't heard of Jamberry yet I suggest you check it out. I'm not a super girly girl but from time to time I like having my nails done. The problem for me was the polish never seemed to hold very well. Jamberrys hold up to my crazy nails and they are much prettier than I could ever do on my own. Squeaker calls them "pretty nails." Squeaker was originally going to stay home from the party and I was going to get some mommy time but alas with Trey barely able to stand without falling over Squeaker went with me.

July 21st-25th-- INDIANA!!! Of course going to Indiana is always fun for us but this time was even
more so. Why? Because Nell, Bug, and Byrd were there too. Bug, Squeaker and Byrd all had a blast together. Blueberry picking, bowling, swimming, and learning to climb trees. Plus playing, running and doing what little girls do. I'll tell you all three of those
girls were tired at the end of each day. :) Sadly it was towards then end of the doses of steroids so they weren't as effective so Squeaker had some rough nights. It worked out okay. One morning after a particularly rough night I was trying to go rest my eyes and Squeaker asked if she could go get Grumpa. I could hear him upstairs working on breakfast so I said, "sure". Next thing I knew it was 2 hours later and I felt like I could leap tall buildings in a single bound. I was so grateful for the extra hands and entertainment for Squeaker.

July 29th-- Off to Birmingham we went. We saw the Pulmonologist and had to change one of
Squeakers inhalers since she still wasn't stable in her breathing. Also we had start doing albuterol before any "vigorous" activity lasting longer than 15 minutes. Especially the outdoors ones. This means I now carry and epi-pen and an inhaler with chamber and mask. I thought you were supposed to carry less as your kids got older? The big news of the day was Squeaker weighed in at 30lbs and measure 38 inches tall! Yes my dear friends my daughter can grow! Squeaker has also decided to start making silly faces half the time when I'm taking her picture. It's fun and frustrating. She tends to change her facial expression too quickly for me to catch good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment