Sunday, February 24, 2013

Clothing

Sometimes I get frustrated with the fact the Squeaker will stay in the same clothing size for what seems like and eternity. One of the worst parts in when seasons change. It is so hard to know if she will stay the same size all season or if she will go up. Thankfully from growing up in Maine I learned to layer clothes for three out of the four seasons. With a slow growing toddler this cuts down on what I have to buy. I can buy t-shirts at all times and just pick up sweatshirts, and long sleeves as I need or find them on sale. My other trick is I buy clothes when they go on super cheap sales and store them for another day. That way the day she is ready for a new size I am too.

I LOVE THESE!!!
And today is one of those days!!!! WAHOOO!!!! Our little Squeaker is able to wear 24months clothes. She is about 23lbs and 33 inches tall. It's almost always the height that moves her up a size. Because we all know how well she puts on weight, but with the aid of cloth diapers bottoms tend to stay up alright. I like to use Carter's size chart because it tends to work great for us. Also it is a company started in Maine and my first grade teacher (who I loved) was part of the family that started the company.



This is the Carter's Clothes Size Chart

Size detailHeightWeight
Preemie (P)Up to 17 inUp to 5 lb
Newborn (NB)Up to 21.5 in5 – 8 lb
3M21.5 - 24 in8 - 12.5 lb
6M24 – 26.5 in12.5 – 16.5 lb
9M26.5 – 28.5 in16.5 – 20.5 lb
12M28.5 – 30.5 in20.5 – 24.5 lb
18M30.5 – 32.5 in24.5 – 27.5 lb
24M32.5 – 34 in27.5 – 30 lb
All in all the next couple days will be exciting. Doing laundry deciding what to keep what to store, and packing it away. And of course getting out the 24 months clothes we have and putting those in Squeaker's dresser. Plus this coming weekend is one of the big area consignment sales for spring/summer! Bigger clothes for cheap Wahooo!!!!
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment